For those of you just tuning in; I am not a blogger. Yes, I have a blog, and I even post links when I write here. What’s the difference? I don’t like blogging. I’m not proud of what I write. That’s because my blog is shit, as Steve Jobs might have said.
What does that mean? It doesn’t mean my writing is bad. Maybe it is, but that’s not what it means. It means that it misses its intrinsic potential. I don’t do research. I don’t produce consistently, and when I do produce, it’s reactive. Hell, my last 2 blog posts were basically punchlines to a twitter comment.
1) Short. Ok, I could tell you I format for the ipad. Actually, I just lose patience and throw shit out there. Avg is like 200 words.
2) Lack of Focus. What the hell am I talking about? Hard to know what to expect.
3) Lack of Research. I basically just brain-dump this stuff. Shocking, I know.
1) Wit and Turn of Phrase- Yeah, I can put together a few good puns.
2) … uh, I got nothing.
1) Take Responsibility. The audience isn’t too stupid to get my meta-humor. I just am not producing up to my potential.
2) Focus. I hate this part. Really, I have to focus on something. Damn it. I might stray a bit on this, but going forward, I’m going to write about technology. It pays the bills, and I actually know some shit about it.
3) Keep What Works. I’m not doing product reviews, alright? I’m going to rant about stuff, and try to have a few laughs. We’ll see.
4) Set a Goal. I’m writing a book. THIS YEAR. It’s going to fail miserably, but I’m going to get that bitch on Kindle, if it kills me.
I encourage you to stick around for the ride. That way I might actually feel responsible for following through.